- Three pricing tiers with a long list of services
- Outstanding customer reviews
- Easy-to-use platform
- Multiple avenues of customer support
- Variety of additional services and educational resources
- Fast processing and relatively quick turnaround
- Reputable company
- Operating in all 50 states
MyCompanyWorks is one of America’s largest and most popular providers of small business services such as forming LLCs and filing legally required government paperwork. You can add ours to the long list of MyCompanyWorks reviews that praise this provider for its competitive pricing plans, wide range of business resources, and exceptional customer support.
REGISTERED AGENT: Depends on the plan
- Registered agent service not included in the lower two plans
- Basic package doesn’t include EIN registration
Launched in 2001 as MyNewCompany, this online business service provider started by helping new companies form, but quickly outgrew its name. Now known as MyCompanyWorks, the company has evolved to offer a full range of small-business services, including business formation and entity management.
Since its founding date almost two decades ago, the company has helped almost 60,000 new businesses get off the ground. In addition to business filing service, MyCompanyWorks offers registered agent and compliance features to tens of thousands of satisfied customers.
The main advantages of this battle-tested business formation service include reasonably priced packages with long lists of additional features such as a personalized operating agreement, a compliance alert system, organizational minutes, and educational resources for startups, all backed by an exceptional customer support team and nearly perfect customer feedback ratings.
Whether you’d like to form an LLC or an S corporation, MyCompanyWorks has got you covered.
In this article, we’ll examine advantages and disadvantages, pricing plans, features, customer service, and ease of use while focusing on the company’s LLC services. To find out if MyCompanyWorks is a good fit for you and your business, keep reading.
How does MyCompanyWorks compare to other LLC services?
$79 + state fees
Depends on plan
$49 + state fees
Incl. in formation package
0$ + State Fees
Free during the first year
While MyCompanyWorks isn’t the market’s cheapest option, its LLC formation services are competitively priced. Keep in mind that while there are three fixed MyCompanyWorks pricing plans on offer, you can opt for additional features and customize each plan to your liking.
Basic LLC Package
The MyCompanyWorks Basic LLC package starts at $79 plus state filing fees. If you’re an entrepreneur on a budget and all you need is to incorporate, this tier is perfect for you. This package doesn’t include registered agent service; you can add this feature for another $99 per year.
Here’s a full list of services offered as part of MyCompanyWorks’ Basic plan:
- Name availability search: The company will search your state’s business database to determine the availability of your desired business name. If the name you wanted to use has already been taken, MyCompanyWorks will get back to you with a list of suggested alternatives.
- Articles of organization: My Company Works will prepare all the government paperwork needed for LLC formation and submit it for processing.
- LLC operating agreement: This document outlines an LLC’s ownership structure and operational rules. MyCompanyWorks will draft your operating agreement and send it over in an editable format so that you can modify the document based on your needs.
- Organizational minutes: LLCs are not obligated to take minutes of their meetings. However, MyCompanyWorks offers personalized minutes forms along with step-by-step instructions on how to organize meetings.
- Same-day processing: MyCompanyWorks reviews and processes orders the same day as long as they are submitted by 3 p.m. Eastern time. If you make an order after 3 p.m., processing takes place the next business day. Also included are online order tracking and status updates.
- Unlimited customer support: Unlike some of its competitors, who offer extensive phone and email support only to clients who opt for higher-tier packages, MyCompanyWorks provides high-level customer care to all users.
- Company Alerts: MyCompanyWorks offers a useful tool to help you keep track of your filing requirements and compliance deadlines.
- Educational resources for startups: If you’re new to owning a business, you’ll appreciate features such as the Startup Wizard (a customized interactive checklist that helps you organize your business after LLC formation) and the Startups Made Simple ebook.
Entrepreneur LLC Package
This LLC service package is priced at $199 plus state filing fees. If you decide to step up to the Entrepreneur plan, MyCompanyWorks will provide a few more handy features, which still don’t include the services of a registered agent. In addition to everything included in the Basic tier, you’ll also get the following:
- Federal Tax ID (EIN): MyCompanyWorks prepares and submits the application to obtain an Employer Identification Number from the IRS on your behalf. Note that if you don’t have a Social Security number, there will be a $50 surcharge and you’ll have to wait for seven to 14 days for the IRS to process your request.
- LLC kit, seal, and member certificates: This symbolic feature comes with 20 custom member certificates, an LLC seal engraved with your company’s name, a custom binder, a slipcase, and a few sample forms.
- MyCompanyForms: With this feature, you get lifetime access to a library of more than 200 forms to keep your business up-to-date and organized after LLC incorporation. Resources include contracts, purchase agreements, leases, minutes, resolutions, startup and maintenance checklists, and tax forms.
Complete LLC Package
Priced at $279 (plus state filing fees), the top-tier package from MyCompanyWorks comes with everything from the previous two tiers plus a year of registered agent service. We recommend this plan to entrepreneurs who are willing to pay a little more for a complete set of features for their new LLCs.
- Registered agent services: Using MyCompanyWorks as your registered agent ensures statutory compliance and faster filing, provides an additional level of privacy, protects your business mailbox from junk mail, and simplifies the process of moving your business.
MyCompanyWorks provides customer service by phone, email, and live chat. The support team’s working hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pacific time, Monday through Friday.
Client reviews identify customer support as one of the pillars of this company. To prove this claim, we tested all three customer care channels. We were quite happy with how timely and accurate the agents’ responses were. Unlike most of its competitors, which usually take a day to get back to clients, MyCompanyWorks provides support within 20 minutes during business hours.
Ease of Use
Filling out an order for LLC formation services with MyCompanyWorks takes no longer than 10 minutes. To start the process, all you have to do is pick a plan and customize your order with extra services if you’d like. You’ll be asked to provide your contact information and shipping address.
Next, you’ll need to provide your business’s desired name, registered agent (if you already have one), and the names and contact information of all members.
Once you’ve submitted all the necessary information, you’ll be able to log in to your account and check for status updates on your dashboard.
One of the best things about MyCompanyWorks is its processing speed. Whether you choose the Basic, Entrepreneur, or Complete LLC package, you’ll get same-day processing at no extra charge.
That’s not the same as “turnaround time,” which refers to how long it takes your state to process your paperwork during the LLC registration process. Turnaround time varies from state to state. In most places, it takes several weeks.
Additional Services and Features
Business License Compliance Package
This third-party service is offered by MyCompanyWorks partner Business Licenses LLC. Instead of spending hours on research, you can use this feature to determine your company’s licensing requirements in just a few minutes. You also get access to a simple dashboard where you’ll be able to find all the necessary downloadable forms and instructions. The Business License Compliance Package comes with a $99 fee.
Business Tax Consultation
As one of the best LLC service providers, MyCompanyWorks offers free business tax consultation, which is essentially a no-obligation one-hour tax webinar. If you have never owned a business before, you’ll find this webinar of value.
In addition to explaining which IRS forms you need to file, how your type of business is taxed, and how to pay yourself and your employees, it also touches on the subjects of business bank accounts and IRS rules.
Domain Name and Hosting
In partnership with a hosting company called InMotion, MyCompanyWorks Inc. offers each new client a WordPress website with a free domain name and one year of hosting for $99. The company says it can deliver a mobile-optimized, professionally crafted site in just two business days.
For $99 a year, you can put your business’s compliance and security on autopilot. MyCompanyWorks Premium is a peace-of-mind bundle of services that includes initial and annual report filing, compliance alerts, business entity monitoring, MyCompanyForms, e-certificates, e-ledger, 5 GB of cloud storage, and priority customer support.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
No matter which MyCompanyWorks LLC service you decide on, you’ll be protected with a strong guarantee. If you’re unsatisfied with your completed order, you’ll be able to choose between a refund of all fees charged by MyCompanyWorks or a correction of the issue.
The Bottom Line
Considering its long history, relatively low prices, and high client satisfaction ratings, we recommend MyCompanyWorks as a solid LLC service provider. If you place high value on impressive client feedback records and exceptional customer service, this provider may be just what you’re looking for.
This company’s offerings do come with a disadvantage, however. Although MyCompanyWorks offers affordable LLC services, it doesn’t include registered agent services in the first two pricing tiers. This is a drawback compared to some of the company’s competitors, as they provide this service and even charge less for it.
Overall, while it’s possible to save a little by choosing alternative providers, MyCompanyWorks reviews make it clear that this website is a strong contender when it comes to LLC services. Thanks to its educational resources, organizational features, and other small-business services, this provider has established itself as a go-to option for startups and new business owners.
Yes, it is. Launched in 2001 as MyNewCompany, this LLC service provider soon started offering much more than just new business formation and outgrew its name. Now known as MyCompanyWorks, the company has already helped tens of thousands of clients with business formation and similar services. To top it off, MyCompanyWorks has been BBB-accredited since 2004 and currently holds an A+ rating.
One of the best things about this provider is its processing speed. Whether you choose the Basic, Entrepreneur, or Complete LLC plan, your request will be processed the same day, provided that you place your order by 3 p.m. Eastern time. This is a great advantage compared to many of the provider’s competitors, which may charge additional fees for faster processing times.
Yes, it does. As one of the best incorporation companies on the market, MyCompanyWorks includes a 100% satisfaction guarantee with all of its online incorporation services. Here’s how the process works: If you’re unhappy with a completed order, simply request a refund within 90 days of your purchase. For your request to be taken into consideration, you must return the documents provided and state the reason you’re unsatisfied with the service. Upon receiving the request, MyCompanyWorks reviews your order and, in most cases, offers to correct the issue. If the matter cannot be resolved, you’ll be given a full refund of the fees paid to MyCompanyWorks. Of course, the refund does not include fees paid to the government or third-party vendors. Refund processing can take up to 90 days.