Statistics Reveal Best Online Degrees for Programmers
Despite generally optimistic news in employment statistics, many high-tech employers report job vacancies because of a lack of qualified applicants. Salaries and benefits are soaring as computer-science grads are courted by firms desperate to fill vacancies in software development and other fields.
Online Schools Report hopes to lead would-be programmers to lucrative careers with its report on the best online computer programming degrees.
OSR evaluates online programs by comparing them to the educational opportunities at conventional college campuses, then ranks the top programs according to the benefits they deliver. OSR evaluates student satisfaction, admission rates, online presence, popularity at school, department size, and median debt by program for each online university. The first three data points focus on the quality of the school. The other three put the quality of each individual program under consideration.According OSR, these are the top schools offering online computer programming degrees:
- American Business and Technology University - St Joseph, Missouri
- Baker College - Flint, Michigan
- Bellevue University - Bellevue, Nebraska
- Champlain College - Burlington, Vermont
- Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs - Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Davenport University - Grand Rapids, Michigan
- ECPI University - Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Florida Technical College - Orlando, Florida
- Fort Hays State University - Hays, Kansas
- Fountainhead College of Technology - Knoxville, Tennessee
- Herzing University-Kenosha - Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Hodges University - Naples, Florida
- Limestone College - Gaffney, South Carolina
- University of Advancing Technology - Tempe, Arizona
- University of Phoenix-Arizona - Tempe, Arizona
The tech industry has been expanding for decades, employing an ever-growing workforce of highly educated programmers. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the average pay of computer programmers is about $84,000 per year - and rising.
Entry-level programming jobs demand nothing more than a bachelor’s degree, the BLS reports. That’s one reason students consider acquiring a tech degree online a smart investment.
Some employers remain skeptical of online degrees. That is why Online Schools Report rates the programs. OSR analyzes programs to ensure that online learning programs offer an education that is comparable to what students find on a traditional college campus.
For years, the clients I worked for were banks. That gave me an insider’s view of how banks and other institutions create financial products and services. Then I entered the world of journalism. Fortunly is the result of our fantastic team’s hard work. I use the knowledge I acquired as a bank copywriter to create valuable content that will help you make the best possible financial decisions.
More from blog
Your email address will not be published.